Sunday, August 23, 2015

Officially a Soccer Mom (again

My daughter wanted to play soccer this year so I signed her up and hoped for the best.  She's a little dramatic...ok, that's an understatement; she's A LOT dramatic.  Last year we tried dance class but with it being her first year in preschool and it was later in the evening, she didn't last long. Which made me sad, but not as much as her hating to go.


Her and her poor team had ONE practice before their first game.  It was pretty entertaining and I'm not sure they learned too much but they had a great time.  We ended up being on the same team as one of my greatest friends son.  Nevaeh was super excited about that.  She saw some kids from her preschool class and would go up to them and give them a BIG hug.  She's so sweet! She loved going to the store and buying stuff for her sport.  She's always along when we buy her brother stuff for his sports so she thought she was pretty cool.

Her first game was pretty interesting also.  The coach couldn't be there and "left it up to the parents" to help guide these poor kids who have never played an actually soccer game.  We kinda had the other coach help us out.  So not only did these kids not know what was going on, there was only 4 that wanted to play and it was 80 degrees outside.  They were troopers though and drank lots of water.  Nevaeh didn't complain once and we were so proud of her.

We still have yet to have another practice.  I'm not sure if that's a normal thing for this age, but we are just going with the flow and making sure she has fun.  The last game we had this past weekend was also picture day.  So we had to arrive 45 minutes early.  What a cluster mess!  We were without a coach again and we were missing 2 players.  At one point I got so tired of standing around looking like a lost idiot that I was about to give up and get my money back.  But we finally figured out where the line was and waited to get their individual pictures taken and just got their team picture with the 4 of them and no coach.  It'll make for a good story later on I guess.


When we were finally done, we went to play the game (15 minutes late).  We had quite the crowd there for Ms. Nevaeh.  My brother and my nephew helped coach them thank goodness cause I didn't want to do it.  They did awesome with the kids, even had them stretch before the game.  My brother would give the kids a pep talk whenever they were out for a break and they were both encouraging. It was a lot of fun to watch.  My nephew has played soccer since he was Nevaeh's age and my brother has helped coach him all the way through.

The soccer games have sure been a good break from all this house stuff going on.  And seeing Nevaeh have so much fun is priceless.  I'm so glad she loves it.  She counts down the days until her next game between each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment