Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My inspiration to begin this fun journey

What inspires you? Maybe it's other people...maybe it's watching them interact and react to their peers and life events.  Or maybe it's a social media group. Maybe their idea's strike something in you to do or create something magical.  Everyone is different, and everyone thinks differently.  With me, it's a couple things.  My family being number one.  My son and his strong ambition, likeable personality and head strong attitude.  My daughter, who is so strong willed it's often trying on us.  My husband who is such a unique individual he teaches me something new about not only myself but what it's like to really love someone.  My parents, who have done nothing but been patient with me and understanding of my crazy way of doing things. 




The other thing that inspires me is the obvious.  Social media has helped me realize what my passion in life it.  What drives me to be creative and helps me set my goals.  I like to create and sometimes my brain just doesn't know where to begin. 

More lately than ever, I have found myself taking a step back and watching my life and how my family interacts, accepts and takes on life's challenges. From how my son helps keep other kids spirits up so much he received the Sportsmanship Award last year, being the only male in his whole class of over 200 kids.  To how my husband forgives me and loves me unconditionally when I don't even feel like I deserve it.  My daughter who freakishly is always in my head and knows my feelings and thoughts way too often and reacts to every emotion I have.


Then there's me...some praise me for being able to "handle" my husband they say.  "How do you deal with it?" they often ask.  I guess I don't look at it as "dealing" with it.  I love him which means I need to look at all aspects of him and know how he functions, know what makes him tick and what stops his ticking.  He does have a very strong will and has what others may see as pointless or different ways of reacting to life's events and obstacles.  He has a temper that didn't take me long to learn how to handle.  My husband is a gaming/techy lover.  It's his out, his way of taking himself from the outside world and allows him to think about things more clearly.  Some see his hobbies as pointless or expensive or even a waist of time.  I, however, see these as a part of his life that will never go away.  And I have also found that joining him in his hobby and taking interest in it has helped our relationship on many levels.  Over the years I have found gaming enjoyable and stress relieving.  Do you read?  It's like reading (which I also do) but you are a part of the story.  It takes you out of reality for a bit and refreshes your head so you can think more clearly when you're done.  Some men say he's lucky to have a wife that doesn't nag at him for getting so engrossed in a game or project it takes his attention for nearly the whole day.  I don't see it like this.  As long as the kids and I get attention, he's at the table for dinner and in bed at night, I want him to do what makes him happy.  He is  my #1 fan and inspiration...plus I have my own hobbies, so when I leave his alone, he leaves mine alone.

We are currently getting ready to move and start our lives over in a new home with more room for our fun little family to spread out but still enjoy each other.  My husband and I are very excited for this move and excited to be able to have more room to enjoy our hobbies. 


My family, to me, is unique and special.  I'm so glad you are going to take this new journey with me and learn about everyone and our love for life and creating.  I hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment