Friday, August 21, 2015

House Selling Prep

I have an amazing family...I mean AMAZING.  They are always there to help when I need it.  My mom told me that we wouldn't recognize our house once we had it staged for selling.  She's right, we feel like we are visiting a house and sleeping somewhere strange.  This has made a lot of sleepless nights for both Jason and I.  It's just weird.

When staging our house we needed to do some painting...desperately, we needed to replace the kitchen and laundry room floor and we needed to replace some of the ceiling fixtures.  Not to mention all the cleaning we needed to do.  It was a lot of work, I'll be honest.


Thank Goodness I have a father who is a painter...he was a lifesaver when it came to putting color in the house.  And thank goodness I have a tall son because he was great for spray painting ceilings. Once the painting was done the house looked SO MUCH better already.  We of course had to live without a stove and washer and dryer for a few days.  But we survived.  The Fridge was still working and so was the microwave so we could eat some things still.


This is Our dining room in shambles.  But I wanted to show you the ugly light fixture that was there.

And the new one! Looks MUCH better!!!!!!

We Cleaned the carpet also.  Boy was that an adventure.  The first machine we rented wouldn't work.  It just wouldn't spit out water no matter what we tried.  After taking it back to the store and getting the second one (the ONLY one they had left), we get it home and get it ready to start cleaning and it WORKS! So we clean about a quarter of the living room and all of a sudden water starts spraying out of the back.  We played with it for a while, even got tools out.  Once we put our heads together and realized it was out of water and maybe that was the issue, we filled her back up and wow, what would you know, it works!!!!!!

Sometimes the little details in places make a big difference.  I don't really care for bare counters and my bathrooms were bare and boring.  So I looked in my craft stuff and found some flowers and I went to Goodwill and scored this nice looking vase.  I love it!


If it wasn't for all my family that helped us get this house ready for selling, we wouldn't have had 3 showings in the first week of being listed.  Now we just cross our fingers that one of them will make and offer.  We will be moving next weekend so stay tuned because moving is always eventful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment