Tuesday, October 20, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - an egg on three sticks

An egg on three sticks by Jack Moyer Fisher


This book was published in 2004, over 11 years ago.  While reading this book, I felt like I was reliving some of my thoughts when I was a teenager.  I didn't have to go through a lot of what she had to go through but I found I could relate to the main character Abby quite a bit.

She was your typical teenager who lived in a strict house.  With lots of rules and a father with a "nothing changes" attitude.  Soon everything changed as her mother started drifting into a serious state of depression.  There eventually seemed to be no rules and no more family dinners.  Her mom eventually ended up trying to commit suicide (i hate that word) and went to a psychiatric hospital for about a year.  It was her, her sister Lisa and her father.  Things started to feel normal when all of a sudden mom was coming home.

Lisa was trying to figure out this new mother she had at the same time trying to figure out the teenage feelings she was having.

This was a great book, a bit different from what I was expecting but a good different.  I tried to find other reviews on this book aside from Amazon but couldn't find many.  Not even an author website. From what I can see she didn't write other books.  If you've read it, let me know how you feel about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment