Sunday, September 20, 2015

Keeping The Moon By Sarah Dessen

You know, I'm a mom; you know what that means?  I can't run away when I want to.  So why not mentally run away in a book? If you don't like to read or just don't do it, it works, trust me.



So here it is...my FIRST book review.

Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen


Sarah Dessen is an author writing for young adults.  Young adult books tend to be faster reads for me. This one I started a few months ago, put it down while moving and finished a majority of it within the last week.

The main character - Colie was a troubled teen who spent her life moving from town to town while her mother tried to create a stable life for the two of them.  They were both overwheight until her mom found her calling being a fitness guru and became known world-wide. Colie followed her mothers diet and exercise plan and soon became a healthy weight herself.  But the "fat Colie" never really went away.




Her mother decided to have Colie stay one summer with her Aunt in a new unfamiliar town.  She wasn't thrilled but soon learned to deal with it and meet new friends.  Colie spent the summer with her Aunt Mira learning how to love herself and how to let things go.  She got a job at a restaurant, by accident, called The Last Chance.  Here she met the girls that changed her looks and feelings and met the guy that made her look beyond what was on the outside.

I did find this book to be a tad slower and kinda boring, but like I said, Dessen writes for young adults.  It was good though.  Made you want to "let go" of that inner fat child. ;)

If you read it or have, let me know what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment